What is P.E. and Sport Premium funding?
The Government provides additional funding for Physical Education (P.E.) and sport in schools.
This funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision resulting in increased numbers of pupils developing healthy lifestyles, raising their performance levels and engaging in PE and sport.
The additional PE and sport funding allocated to Woodchurch CE Primary School for the academic year 2016/2017 is £8655.00.
How is it spent?
The additional PE and Sport Premium funding pays in part for :
- the employment of a specialist PE coach
- the increased quality of PE teaching through additional staff training
- additional after school sports clubs – the school currently runs 4 sports clubs each week
- assisted places enabling disadvantaged pupils to attend school clubs
- increasing the number of inter-school sports competitions with local schools
- membership of Weald of Kent School Sports Association (WOKSSA) to promote sporting opportunities for all children
What is the impact of the additional PE funding on pupils?
The impact on pupils of the additional PE and Sport Premium funding is measured at the end of each academic year.
Last year, the impact on pupils, using the additional PE and Sport Premium funding, providing a specialist PE coach for the children and additional staff training was:
- increased participation in sports coaching
- improved teaching of PE
- wider range of sports clubs on offer
- involvement in WOKKSA sporting events