The Importance of Good School Attendance and Punctuality
Research shows that good school attendance impacts upon children’s success in learning. Good attendance helps children to achieve good results, helps them to fulfil their potential and gives them a chance of a better future.
At Woodchurch, we are committed to ensuring that each and every child in our school fulfills their potential. To help us achieve this, we want all of our children to have the best possible attendance.
We want to see all our pupils with above 96% attendance.
Every day that your child is absent from school is an opportunity missed. Schools and parents have a shared responsibility to ensure that children attend school regularly and on time. Punctuality is also just as important as attendance. We start at 8:45am every morning. It is important that children arrive in school on time as it supports them to learn good timekeeping and also reduces classroom disruption for the other children and themselves.
Parental support is critical in ensuring that children achieve in their education – What can you do to help?
- Ensure your child attends school every day and on time.
- If your child is not well enough to attend, contact the school by 9am on the first day of absence.
- Make dental and medical appointments outside of school time or at weekends.
- Take family holidays during the school holiday. We are unable to authorise term time holidays.
- Contact us immediately if you need help or support with your child’s attendance or punctuality.
Let’s work together to achieve consistently high attendance and punctuality. There are only 190 school days in a year and we want to see every child at school every day because every school day counts
Download our Attendance Booklet September 2019 here