- An enjoyment and curiosity of mathematics and for children to feel confident in becoming successful.
- Children’s abilities to use and apply mathematics to solve problems in both the classroom and real life contexts.
- A confidence to communicate ideas in both written forms and orally
- Independent and collaborative ways of working, encouraging children to share ideas and solve problems together
- A wide range of mathematical vocabulary to be modelled and used in the classroom environment
- The children’s ability to recall mental facts accurately and quickly and using effective written calculation methods
- Children’s logical thinking, reasoning and ability to problem solve as transferable life skills
Please read more about our maths curriculum in the policies below:
You may also find the following documents useful when supporting your child with Maths: