Our School is a welcoming, inclusive and caring community of learners. We have strong links with All Saints Church and, as well as being a learning community, we are a faith community. We offer excellent support to children and their families and provide an exciting and engaging place to learn.
We are a one-form entry rural school of approximately 160 pupils. We cultivate and cherish a family atmosphere where our oldest pupils are very supportive of our younger children.
Children of all abilities thrive at Woodchurch Church of England Primary School; our expectations for children are high and our dedicated team of staff do all they can to ensure each and every child succeeds. Children are proud to attend our school: they achieve highly and behave well. We believe children learn best when they are excited by what they are learning, and therefore the staff ensure they deliver an exciting purposeful curriculum, following the National Curriculum guidance.
Our Church of England Primary school is on the edge of the village of Woodchurch, situated next to the church.
Our main school building was built in 1844. Throughout the years, the building has been extended and added to. The newest extension of three new classrooms was built in 2004. Our spacious hall is used throughout the day for Acts of Worship, P.E. lessons, lunch and a wide variety of other activities. We have a large playing field, a thriving playground, a school garden and a Key Stage One outside area.
We are an extended school with an After School Club run by the Windmills Pre-School. We also run Holiday Clubs throughout the year, aiming to provide support for our parents. The school works closely with the village community; our hall is used regularly in the evening by different groups, including the Woodchurch Morris Men.