What is P.E. and Sport Premium funding?
In April 2013, The Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical sport (Physical Education)and sport to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. This funding is allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools.
Schools are free to determine the best ways to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. The main outcome being: increased numbers of pupils developing healthy life styles, raising their performance levels and engaging in PE and sport.
How is it spent?
The additional PE and Sport Premium funding pays in part for the:
- Employment of a specialist PE coaches
- Increased quality for the teaching of PE through additional staff training
- Additional after school sports clubs – the school currently runs 4 sports clubs each week
- Assisted places enabling vulnerable pupils to attend school clubs
- Increasing the number of inter-school sports competitions with local schools
- School enrichment days to introduce children to new and varied sports
- Introducing a Change for Life club to educate children how they can lead a healthy lifestyle
- Improve active playground facilities and activities so that pupils have additional opportunity to be active throughout the school day
- New Sport Young Leaders to increase leadership opportunities and effectiveness of active play and support
- Enhance the schools scheme of work
- Additional swim intervention