Thank you for visiting Woodchurch CE Primary School’s website. Navigate the pages to discover more about our wonderful school. We would love to show you around, so please contact the school office to arrange an appointment; you’d be more than welcome.
We are a single form Church of England Primary School with approximately 170 children in the village of Woodchurch, near Ashford, Kent. At Woodchurch CE Primary School, with education, safety and happiness in mind, we will:
- help each child to feel safe, secure and valued as part of a caring and supportive school community which celebrates success;
- enable each child to become polite, respectful, active and responsible community members and citizens of the world;
- provide a relevant broad and balanced curriculum for all learners;
- encourage each child to be an independent learner and confident communicator who is able to seek solutions cooperatively and creatively, valuing both themselves and others;
- inspire both a love of learning and an understanding of the value of lifelong learning by encouraging curious and enquiring minds and an ability to ask questions;
- support each child in order that they become confident enough to take risks in their learning;
- offer many opportunities for each child to discover and develop their personal, social, moral and spiritual identity.
Throughout the year we remember our school motto:
Each term we focus on one of our school Christian Values. To read about this term’s focus please click here.
Message from the Headteacher
As Headteacher, my number one priority is to ensure that we put all of our learners at the very heart of everything we do, providing an education of the highest quality for children of all faiths and none, within the context of Christian belief and practice. We ensure we promote Christian values through the experiences we offer to all our children. All children, staff, governors and parents work actively in partnership to enable everyone to realise their full potential and receive the best education and provision possible.
The staff and I want our children to wake up each morning thrilled about going to our school, proud to wear our uniform and ready to talk about what they have learnt when they return home each day. Children of all abilities thrive at Woodchurch CE Primary School. They are proud to attend our school and behave well in order to achieve their best.
I am proud to be the Headteacher of such happy, vibrant school and I would welcome the opportunity to show you around and share what makes us special with you.
Please feel free to contact the school to arrange a visit. We look forward to meeting you.
Miss Harrington, Headteacher
If you would like to know more about what is happening in our school, please read our latest newsletter.