4th September 2014
It is a great honour and privilege for me to be appointed the Headteacher of such a wonderful school. It was obvious to me from the moment I first visited Woodchurch Church of England Primary School four and half years ago that this was a very special community.
This is a very exciting time as we look forward to the opening of an additional class, introduction of a new curriculum and new leadership team. As Headteacher, my number one priority is to ensure that we put all of our learners at the very heart of everything we do, providing an education of the highest quality for children of all faiths, within the context of Christian belief and practice. We will ensure we promote Christian values through the experiences we offer to all our children. I want to make sure all children, staff, governors and parents work actively in partnership to enable all our children to realise their full potential.
At Woodchurch CE Primary School, with education, safety and happiness in mind, we will:
- help the children to feel safe, secure and valued as part of a caring and supportive school community which celebrates success
- enable the children to become polite, courteous, active and responsible community members and citizens of the world
- provide a relevant broad and balanced curriculum for all learners
- encourage the children to be independent learners and confident communicators who are able to seek solutions cooperatively and creatively, valuing both themselves and others
- inspire both a love of learning and an understanding of the value of lifelong learning by encouraging curious and enquiring minds and an ability to ask questions
- support the children in order that they are confident enough to take risks in their learning
- offer many opportunities for children to discover and develop their personal, social, moral and spiritual identities.
The staff and I want all your children to wake up each morning thrilled about going to our school, proud to wear our uniform and ready to tell you what they have learnt when they return home each day. By working closely together, I am confident this will be the case.
If at any time you have queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the school or make an appointment to see me.
I look forward to working openly with you in order to ensure that your child receives the best educational provision possible.