Sports Premium Funding
Every child should be inspired to enjoy sport! The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and subsequent Olympics and Sports competitions have given us an opportunity to inspire. These competitions have highlighted the fact that sport should be encouraged and an important part of every child’s education. The Government began the Sports Premium Funding following the London Olympic Games, striving to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the games, and to develop children’s enjoyment of sport and physical activity from an early age. This additional funding is given to schools to provide high quality P.E. and sports provision.
In keeping with our Christian ethos and school vision, all children at Woodchurch will leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to flourish in physical activity and sport.
The Sports Premium funding had been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
“To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.”
As a school, we allocate our sports premium with the aim of ensuring an improvement against the following five key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy, active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broaden the experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.