Big Wide World
In the Big Wide World project, your child will find out about the world in which they live. They will learn about different climates and explore habitats, including their flora and fauna. They will locate the United Kingdom on a world map and compare life in the United Kingdom with life elsewhere. They will also learn about caring for their environment, both locally and beyond.
Sparkle and Shine
In the Splash! project, your child will explore water play and learn about the different forms and bodies of water. They will learn about freezing and melting and make ice lollies. They will investigate objects that float or sink and explore capacity.
Supporting your child at home
- Talk about how you use water at home and why it is important to drink water throughout the day.
- Find out about animals that live in water.
- Have fun playing with water in the bath, a paddling pool or swimming pool.
- Use Google Earth to explore where you live and look up places you would like to visit.
- Talk about places around the world you have visited, or places that family members or friends live. Look at the places on a map and talk about ways to travel.
- If you go on holiday, send a postcard to school to show where you went.