In the Dangerous Dinosaurs project, your child will find out about prehistoric animals that lived on Earth. They will learn facts about dinosaurs and discover how big some of these giant creatures were. They will learn about the difference between carnivores and herbivores. They will also find out about the animals that lived after the dinosaurs and which modern-day animals have prehistoric relatives.
Puddles and Rainbows
In the Puddles and Rainbows project, your child will learn about the weather associated with the season of spring. They will explore natural phenomena, including rainbows, clouds, rain and wind. They will explore colours found in the natural environment and learn how to mix primary colours to make new colours.
Supporting your child at home
- Walk in your local environment and talk about the changes that have happened since winter.
- Go on a colour hunt and find objects for all the colours of a rainbow.
- Watch the weather forecast together and make a note of the different weather through the week.
- Go outside on a rainy day and find puddles to jump in.
- Go onto the Natural History Museum website and look at interesting facts about dinosaurs together.
- Go to the CBeebies Dinosaurs website and explore the games and videos together.
- Look up interesting dinosaur facts to share with the class.